If you want some information on securing your systems, assets, and corporate data, you have come to the right place. Here at securitysite.net, we want our blog members and guests to take full advantage of the features of this website.
We want to be your main resource that offers immediate access to anything about website security tools – breaking industry news, security schools, white papers, webcasts, podcasts, virus alerts, a range of security newsletters, security standard compliance, security certification training information, new hacker attacks and threats, and a lot more. This blog is a highly-focused blend of resources specifically aimed at IT security professionals.
When we post updates such as articles and videos, we make sure that we include a date stamp so that our readers would know how recent that blog post was. It is important for us that you know how actively we are blogging about website security tools and if the updates would still be relevant by the time you read the post.
Upon visiting our blog, you would notice that we use a system in posting updates. The articles have clear categories to help you easily find other blog posts. We find this as a user-friendly approach than just presenting you with “Page 1 of 10” results. We want to make it simple for you on how to navigate the articles.
Become a Member
While everyone is welcome here at securitysite.net, there are some features that only a member can access. Online membership offers you access to our exclusive about website security tools.
“So, how do I become a member?” you might ask. Well, you may notice that some other websites have complex means of signing up as a member. We realize that it may be sort of an inconvenience for you if we ask for too much personal information. For that reason, we would only ask for your first and last name, email address, and phone number for you to become a member.
We want you to stay updated with the recent trends on website security. Aside from the news articles that we post, we also send out emails that contain website security stuff that you can read and/or download. If you are one of the people who prefers to receive emails and read them for your own convenience, it is best to subscribe to our newsletters.
In some other forms of media, such as TV, radio, or print, it would not give you an opportunity to communicate with the content provider, unless you send them an email or regular mail. A comment system is unique to a blog and we have that feature here at securitysite.net. We understand that as a reader, it is tempting to leave a comment or to push conversation topics and ideas further after reading an article or watching a video.
We also want you to connect and engage with us because this blog is not just about delivering information about website security, but also building a friendly community. Because of that, we allow our readers – members and non-members alike – to share their comments on our blog posts. This will empower you by making your reading experience interactive and engaging.
We hope that you will have a rewarding experience that is filled with fun and creativity. We have simple community standards: treat everyone with respect, avoid any hateful activity, and adhere to our local standards.
- We do not allow any activity that contains spamming, flaming, trolling, or other misconduct.
- Do not use demeaning or derogatory language or images to refer to another person’s ethnicity, religion, race, sexual orientation, or gender.
- Do not behave or communicate in a manner that is threatening, intimidating, or offensively coarse; requests for sexual favors or signifies unwelcome sexual advances; or any way that is likely to cause alarm or annoyance because it is considered as harassment.
- Members of our community are entitled to a level of privacy concerning their experience here at securitysite.net. We prohibit sharing of personal information about other members without their consent, including age, alternate account names, gender, sexual preference, race, marital status, religion, and actual location.
- We do not allow posts that may put our blog in legal trouble. As such, please do not post anything that may breach a copyright law.
- Be responsible for the quality of the discussions you participate in. Respond only to things that you think are worthy of your attention.
What We Will Do
If any comments breach our community standards, we reserve the right to delete them and lock accounts of members with repeated violations.
Securitysite.net accepts outside contributions from IT professionals and industry experts on website security. We have a selective process and every article is subject to editing. The following guidelines apply:
- High-quality – submissions must have high-quality analysis and information about website security.
- Originality – if your article contains topics that have been covered, bring a fresh perspective to it.
- No promotional content – articles must not have promotional content.
- Human factor – we aim to consistently choose the best articles submitted to us. However, our pick is highly discretionary, and can be influenced by many factors like the number of submissions that have similar themes and the relevance and timeliness of the topic. We do our best to maintain a constructive and open conversation with our contributors and work with them if possible to make sure the article is relevant to our blog.